The Pacific Northwest Marathon cares about your success. That is why we offer to help you with your marathon training. We have two options, one for local participants, and one for those who live far away.
Local Marathon Training Group
If you live in or near Eugene, Oregon, please join us for our marathon training group. This group is primarily focused on helping first time marathon and half marathon runners as well as first time 5K runners, but we will welcome all who wish to join us. The more, the merrier!
The group will start at the end of May after week 4 of your 20 week program. Check our blog for the general training plan. We will be led by various experienced runners and have access to running coaches from time to time. If you are training for a half marathon or a 5K, please join us when you are ready. Everybody is at a different place in their training, so we are very flexible. We will work to meet your needs, whatever they may be.
Training group schedules will be posted on our Facebook page and website as they are developed. Next Training Group meeting is with Samuel Ongaki of South Africa, 3rd place in the world 50K championship in Qatar.
Join us on Wednesdays at Cal Young Middle School Track, 6:30 pm.
Remote Marathon Coaching
If you live outside the Eugene, Oregon area, please take advantage of our remote coaching opportunity. Because we care so deeply about your success, we are working together with MyRemoteCoach.com to give you some help in your training during two of the most crucial times: the beginning and the ending. Through this program, free of charge, you can access real coaches, with years of elite running experience. Included:
- A phone call with a running coach at 16-18 weeks out
- During that call, your coach will help you determine your current physical state and what you should be attempting in your marathon training
- A 16-week marathon training plan for you to follow
- A followup call with your marathon coach between 3-8 weeks out to get feedback on your training and suggestions to modify your last few weeks
- If you find you would like to have additional help from your coach, you will receive 20% off the normal rate at MyRemoteCoach.com